FRS are recruiting an Accounts Assistant for a manufacturing business based North of Birmingham City Centre, just next to Aston (B6).
Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of transactional finance duties as listed below.
Ideally you will have experience of working within a SME and understand how they operate – an everyone chips in mentality.
This is an excellent role for an experienced Finance professional who is looking for their next opportunity.
* Interviews are happening ASAP, with start dates either before or after the Christmas break *
Duties are to include:
– Maintaining the Purchase Ledger
– Entering invoices, coding accordingly, ensuring accuracy at all times
– Bank reconciliations
– Maintaining cashbooks
– Online banking
– Posting of petty cash entries and uploading expenses
– Assisting the Finance Team Leader with their month-end duties (experience of this would be an advantage but again, not essential)
– Experience of producing VAT returns or assisted with these would be a real advantage
The business has a handful of subcontractors – an understanding of the processes attached (CIS) would be advantageous.
Ad hoc credit control alongside the Finance Manager.
A small monthly payroll (experience would be a real advantage BUT, this can be taught on the job).