My client is a well-established privately owned family business, ideally situated in North Leicestershire and therefore easily accessible from across the Midlands; they are now looking for an Accounts Assistant.
Your role will be varied and involve all aspects of sales ledger and bank reconciliations, including, but not limited to:
– Raising and processing standard sales and certified invoices.
– Resolve invoice queries.
– Reconciling customer accounts up to balance sheet level.
– Excellent control of debt report for management accounts.
– Daily recording of bank account activity and reconciliation to bank statements.
– Process data from workshop clock cards and site timesheets.
– Assist with the Reception telephone duties when needed.
– Assist with other general duties relating to the financial function of the business.
Skills and Experience required:
– Proficient with all Microsoft packages, with intermediate Excel skills.
– Ability to work to targets and deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to manage accounts for more than one business with independent systems.
– Experience of working with Tradex and customer self-billing systems.
– Working towards AAT or equivalent Accountancy certificate (desirable).
– Experience of Access dimensions and Access Focal point (desirable).