We are currently assisting a small, friendly business to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a full-time permanent basis.
• Monitoring email and post for supplier invoices.
• Processing of purchase ledger invoices adhering to process controls.
• Ensuring correct allocation of invoices to cost codes.
• Timely resolution of queries to enable payments within credit terms.
• Assisting with internal and external queries by phone and email.
• Assisting with processing urgent payments.
• Maintaining the quality of the processes and data within the company’s accounting systems.
• Supplier Ledger Reconciliations.
• Assisting in reconciliation of Credit Card Statements.
• Identifying improvements in processes.
• Assisting Accounts Assistant with daily duties and providing cover during periods of absence.
• Maintaining all processes and procedures to ensure compliance with operational and statutory requirements.
• Carrying out any other duties necessary to respond to the needs of the company.
• Pro-active in the development of self and undertaking training consistent with developing skills relevant to duties and responsibilities of the role.
• Be vigilant in matters relating to health and safety.
• Basic data manipulation skills.
• Relevant accounting skills. Would suit an AAT student.
• Computer literacy and knowledge of tools and software:
• MS Office Skills, especially Excel.
• Sage 200 experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping.
• Previous experience in similar role preferred.