My client is a leader within a specialist sector, due to expansion they now have a need for an Accounts Assistant / Purchase ledger Clerk on a full-time, permanent basis from there Wellingborough office with extensive WFH.
• Registering invoices / credit notes onto Open Accounts (prior to approval by key managers within the business).
• Checking invoices / credit notes once approved and coded by the relevant manager.
• Ensure that all invoices / credit notes are approved by the relevant manager, and have the appropriate back-up in the case of capital expenditure.
• Reconciliation of supplier statements on a monthly basis.
• Dealing with supplier and internal manager queries as they occur.
• Completing month end close down procedures, printing of daybooks, review of aged creditors, reconciliation of control accounts and standing data exception reporting.
• Review of debit balances with reasons and updates.
• Regular review of the registered invoice list, including chasing managers for outstanding invoices / credit notes.
• Review purchase ledger processes and ensure maximum efficiency is maintained.
• Working closely with the sales ledger and treasury teams to improve efficiency.
• Managing a number of purchase ledgers, including sterling, dollar and euro suppliers for both business units.
• Review exception reports for potential duplicate payments and take appropriate action where required.
• Update and review information maintained on the sharepoint site.
• Ensure documentation received adheres to agreed policy documentation.
Payments (Purchase Ledger):
• Complete an automatic cheque runs (weekly).
• Complete BACS transfers (including month end) – payment runs are made twice monthly including sterling, dollar and euro suppliers.
• Ensure that the direct debit file is kept up to date and that DD’s are cancelled when they come to the end of their payment periods.
• Scheduling and communication of all payments runs by BACS / cheque and wire transfers for all currencies including liaising with Treasury.
• Excellent communication and social skills.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills with ability to multitask.
• Socially confident, with diplomacy and organisational skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to manipulate and interpret financial data.
• Team player.
• Flexible to achieve goals.