The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a person who has experience in an accounting/finance environment and proficient with MS Excel. The candidate will be looking for a permanent full-time position (39 hours per week). For this role accuracy is key, we would like the successful candidate to display a high level of accuracy in their work, to have confidence in their ability to deliver accurate work, to be able to pick up tasks quickly and to exercise good time management skills.
Experience working with accounting software is essential, and a good grasp of Excel is desired – intermediate level would be ideal though training will be provided where necessary.
We would like the person to be able to exercise their initiative, to ask questions and be able to manage their workload in line with departmental demands. The individual will need to have good communication skills to aid both training and the day-to-day team collaboration and co-operation.
• Posting invoices into our Accounting Software, Open Accounts.
• Checking statements from suppliers to the Purchase Ledger records.
• Updating the bank balances tracking spreadsheet.
• Produce expense reports on an accurate and timely basis and on request.
• Maintain and balance cashbooks for sundry bank accounts and perform the month end reconciliations.
• Analysis related to statistical data and file the complete data file with the Office for National Statistics.
• Perform expense code audits with emphasis attached to ensuring that all coding for various cost centres is accurate.
• VAT Returns (experience desirable).
• Produce a daily cash sheet from various currency bank accounts.
• Provide cover and assistance for members of the Finance Team, with tasks such as the production of the weekly payment run, monitoring un-approved invoices, information for the accruals and prepayments.