FRS are recruiting an Assistant Management Accountant for a reputable and growing construction business based in Banbury.
The business are looking for an ambitious finance professional who wants to continue their studies with the aim to becoming fully qualified, with the support of an ever growing business with excellent plans for growth.
You will support the Company Accountant in all aspects of finance and accounts preparation but primarily in the collation and processing of financial transactions, including reconciling accounts, making payments and assisting with general financial duties relating to weekly and monthly reporting requirements.
Duties will include:
– To assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, including payments, monthly P&L reporting, accruals and reconciliation of bank accounts.
– To process Sub contractor applications and payments, including the reconciliation of statements and verification with HMRC.
– To Process Accounts receivable invoices and payments, including credit control (limited).
– Processing expense forms sent in by staff, including processing reports at month end with these.
– To support in producing a Trial Balance, managing ledgers, journals and balance sheets as required.
– To support budget preparation including forecasting, report compilation and provision of projections.
– To process bank payments.
– To carry out bank reconciliations and provide reports to support effective cash flow management.
– To provide information as required to the Company Accountant to enable timely management reporting, including variance and accounts analysis.
– To support external audits as and when required.
– To complete and submit CIS ,VAT and other statutory returns as and when required.
– To reconcile credit card statements and vouch to receipts.
– General administration including filing, photocopying and answering the phone.
– Provision of cover duties for reception and switchboard.
– To carry out any other related duties which may reasonably be required from time to time.
Suitable candidates will have / be:
– Proven experience working in a similar role, and preference to a part qualified or qualified candidate with previous industry experience in a busy accounts department that deals with project based accounting.
– Highly organised with a professional and positive manner.
– May be studying towards a qualification in accountancy such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or part qualified – support will be provided for ongoing professional studies.
– Experience in working with an accounts package that deals with job costing ledger, preferably COINS – UK VAT is essential.
– Proficiency in MS Office.