Our client is a dynamic, privately owned business operating with the Construction / Manufacturing Industry and ideally located in North Leicestershire.
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an Assistant Management Accountant to join the business.
A key member of the accounting team, providing direct support to the Finance Manager and undertaking duties outside of purchase ledger to ensure a robust, timely and accurate monthly financial close process.
To assist in the recording of financial transactions across the nominal ledgers and sub ledgers, ensuring robust and efficient processes, adequate controls and segregation of duties.
To support the preparation of both the Management and Statutory Accounts for the Group.
• Primary responsibility for daily cash management & postings, sales ledger, fixed assets and revenue transactions
• Daily banking, cash posting and cash allocation to support the Group’s Treasury function.
• Revenue processing and reconciliation to the Group’s ERP system – Various commercial arrangements
• Bank account administration, petty cash & wages processing, bank reconciliations and cash book
• Operation of the Sales Ledgers, collating and posting recharges and generating sales invoices.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Assets register which includes creation, processing invoices and generating Monthly Depreciation Journals.
• Reconciliation and balance of Control Accounts on a monthly basis.
• Provide monthly reporting to provide management information and the required audit information for revenues, sales ledger, fixed assets and cash
• Continuous process improvement to improve the efficiency of the accounting function
• To resolve Nominal Ledger cost allocation queries both to sites and Plant allocations, posting monthly and ad hoc journals
• To undertake ad hoc duties as required and to work as part of a team to achieve monthly and annual team timetables and goals.
The ideal candidate will be a Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant (AAT / ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with at least 3 years previous finance experience in a similar position (likely to be Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management or Financial Accountant)
Previous experience gained within Manufacturing / Engineering / Construction industries is desirable.
Nominal ledger experience
Banking and cash management experience
Good communication skills
Good IT and MS Excel Skills to include pivots / look ups etc.
In return a competitive basic salary of up to £40,000 Including a Bonus, excellent benefits and study support towards AAT / ACCA / CIMA can be offered with excellent scope for development being offered.