My client is a well-respected FTSE listed business operating within the Construction / House Building Industry.
Due to continued expansion within their Midlands region, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a progressive Part Qualified Accountant to join the business.
Working closely with the Regional Finance Manager, this role will form part of a 10 person finance team offering a great mixture of variety and mentorship.
– Assist in the timely financial reporting and analysis for the Midlands division. Lead role in financial
– Providing support and insight for Regional and Divisional Management
– Using technical acumen to ensure accounting compliance with accounting standards and group policies
Overview of Duties:
• Assist in the regional month end process including complex areas such as Revenue, WIP and Cost of Sales
• Build a strong working relationship with the Regional Finance Teams to critically evaluate the substance behind the transactional detail and the appropriateness of month end estimates. Ability to influence adherence to group policies and create strong control environment
• Complete Month end outputs such as month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations)
• Provide feedback and coaching to aid continuous improvement and high performance
• Assist in preparation of the Half-Year and Full-Year Stat packs, supplementary group information and assist in the preparation of financial statements
• Assist in the preparation of ad hoc management information requests for the Divisional CEO / Regional Managing Directors and Group Finance Team
• Strong commercial acumen, ability to interpret financials into meaningful business outcomes
The ideal candidate for this position will either be a recent graduate seeking their first or second finance based position or perhaps have been working within practice or industry for a few years now and seeking a progressive opportunity whilst working towards ACCA or CIMA Qualification.
Experience gained within a Medium to Large sized business is preferred but not essential as long as sound knowledge of double entry accounting can be demonstrated with a willingness to develop and learn about group accounting and consolidations
This position also includes a high level of stakeholder engagement, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are therefore essential.
The ideal would be a candidate that has gained within Construction, House Building or Manufacturing however this is not essential as this is a developmental role with on the job training being given.
A good level of IT Literacy is essential, with Analysis and Reporting being a key part to this role.
MS Excel to Pivot Table and Look Up level is essential, knowledge of Anaplan, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Power BI is desirable.
In return, this client has an excellent track record of candidate internal development, with most candidates developing into a new position within 12-24 months.
A competitive basic salary up to £35,000 coupled with sizeable bonus and excellent benefits will be offered.