My client is a dynamic and rapidly expanding SME business within the service industry with exciting growth plans ahead.
As such FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an exciting, varied and highly progressive Bookkeeper vacancy to work from their offices in LE4 area of Leicestershire.
Reporting into the Finance Director this is a pivotal role for the business and will have a major impact on the companies short and long term success.
Responsibility for client & supplier payments for all group companies. To support the finance team with ledger maintenance, bookkeeping, and banking duties. Assist with CASS compliance across the group.
• Daily maintenance of the sales ledger, purchase ledger, and bank accounts for all group companies
• Prepare client payments daily to ensure that the company remains CASS compliant
• Complete CASS reconciliation daily as per CASS rules
• Prepare and process expense payments to staff
• Complete company and client bank account reconciliations on a routine basis
• Perform credit control duties when necessary
• Assist with Quarterly VAT returns
• Preparing financial documents such as invoices, statements, remittances
• Provide support in respect of preparation for monthly, quarterly and year end closings
• Ensure compliance GAAP principles and best practice set by the Finance Director
• Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
• Recording and managing entries into the Sage accounting software
• Support external audit and tax teams when necessary
• Managing day-to-day transactions
The successful candidate will play an operational role within the Finance team and would suit a motivated and hands-on experienced finance professional with the following:
• Maths & English GCSEs grade C or above
• Experience with Management & Financial Accounting and strong bookkeeping skills
• AAT qualified or studying towards ACCA/CIMA (part qualified)
• Experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of Sage accounting software desirable
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
• Attention to detail
• Confident working on own initiative
• Team worker
• Highly organised with efficient time management and ability to prioritise accordingly to ensure deadlines are met