Our client is a well established practice based in Northampton. As a result of continued growth, FRS and been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an experienced bookkeeper to join their business on a full-time contact. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, aspirational individual to work in our fast-growing firm.
• General bookkeeping.
• preparing quarterly VAT returns in line with the new ”Making Tax Digital’ guidelines.
• Preparation of management accounts
• Process sales and purchase invoices for many different clients.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Maintain and reconcile purchase and sales ledgers for a number of clients.
The ideal candidate:
• Previous bookkeeping experience gained within an accountancy practice and the ability to undertake both simple and more complex bookkeeping tasks.
• Experience of Sage, Xero and other accounting software
• Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
• Ability to take accountability, handle pressure and changing priorities
• To feel confident in supporting our clients in how to get the best out of cloud-based software and will be able to support the preparation of management accounts when needed.
• Intermediate MS Office skills including Word and Excel
• Flexible schedule
• On-site parking
• Referral programme
• Work from home
The role is office based, although the client is very flexible firm and do accommodate different working patterns. The role is for 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
The salary would be up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience, with 25 days holiday per annum.