We are looking for an experienced and qualified finance professional to support the team.
Finance Manager in undertaking day-to-day financial transactions.
The role is a temporary position the period will be 3 months (12 weeks) for 3 days a week.
The postholder will need to demonstrate the utmost attention to detail in the transactional
management of finances while and proactive and flexible approach to supporting different teams with
their finance requirements, for example raising POs, invoices etc.
• Maintenance of processes and systems to ensure the smooth running of the organisation’s
• To be responsible for keeping up to date and accurate records of financial transactions on Excel
and Sage 50 accounting – this includes the input and coding of purchase invoices and orders,
sales invoices and bank transactions.
• Raise and issue sales invoices, where necessary and appropriate follow up outstanding invoices
and resolve any issues.
• Liaise with suppliers and creditors to maintain relationships as part of cash flow management.
• To check and reconcile purchase invoices ready for payment, to investigate and resolve any
• To prepare the weekly payment run for approval.
• To manage the purchase order process ensuring compliance in line with policy.
• Complete regular bank, Petty cash, and credit card reconciliations.
• Liaising with staff and volunteers to process expense claims accurately and timely.
• Self-motivated and driven
• Passionate about diversity and inclusion
• Aligned with organisational values
• Able to work independently as well as part of a wider team
• Performance orientated, accepting responsibility for key objectives
• Honest and treats people with respect
• Committed to providing an excellent quality of service
• Excellent time management
• AAT qualified
• Experience of financial accounting in a small to medium sized organisation preferably charity
• Familiarity with using software packages and strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and
• Good experience preparing information for management reports
• Experience of processing sales and purchase systems and maintaining credit control systems
• Considerable experience of using Sage 50
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Good English language skills and experience of report writing.
• Good organisational and time management skills; able to prioritise workloads effectively, meet
deadlines and monitor outcomes.
• Flexible, practical approach to meeting the organisations’ needs.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and within a team.
• Knowledge and/or experience of engaging the disability sector and/or sport and activity sector.
• Experience and knowledge of conducting meetings/webinars via MS Teams and Zoom