An excellent opportunity to join a friendly office based in Leicestershire on perm basis.
Buyer – Purchaser
Due to continued growth and success our Purchasing department are looking for an additional Buyer to join their busy team.
This newly created role will suit someone with experience in purchasing and
buying within an engineering and manufacturing environment looking for their next challenge/new role in a fast moving and dynamic environment and has excellent administration and organisational skills.
The successful candidate will be a confident and driven individual that can prioritise their work to meet delivery of tasks and works well in a team. Detail and accuracy are key requirements in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and develop whilst working for a market leading international organisation.
Working in the European procurement department duties will include but not be limited to:
* Purchase of materials in line with customer
* Creation of purchase orders in accordance with company procedures and in line with financial processes.
* Liaising with supply chain and project managers on relevant projects to ensure understanding of requirements, delivery and budgets.
* Be able to identify best value opportunities whilst keeping to required delivery.
* Support Quality department regarding New Suppliers documentation for the Vendor Approved list.
* Create works orders and identify when orders are required for stock items.
* Run stock item reports, monitor shortages and re-order as per agreed requirements.
* Own allocated projects for spare”s jobs.
* Ideally CIPS qualified or actively pursuing certification
* Experienced in purchasing within Engineering with strong sourcing ability
* Excellent negotiating skills
* Good Communication Skills, verbal and written
* Good organisation and time management skills
* IT literate (Microsoft Office), with strong Excel skills
* Sage experience – training will be given
* Excellent understanding of excel spread sheets
* A strong team player
* Resourceful, well organised, highly dependable, efficient and detail orientated