Our client is a leading business within the technology and engineering industry.
They offer an industry changing product & service with strong green conventuals which with future planned fundraising is about to embark on a period of significant growth.
As a result of the above, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an experience Finance Director / CFO to join the company to take financial stewardship of the business bus also assist with forthcoming rounds of fundraising securing PE / VC Investment or delivering a IPO
• Overall responsibility for all the company’s financial, Admin, ITHR, and functions.
• Assist with continued migration and set-up the group’s finance operations from US to UK
• Build, develop and mentor a first class finance and admin function
• Design an in-depth project pricing database to aid in developing accurate pricing structure for projects.
• Lead monthly senior management meetings in pursuit of effective group wide communication
• Prepare a detailed five-year forecast model to aid in scenario planning and for conducting sensitivity analysis with an aim to develop accurate cash flow and profitability forecasts.
• Upgrade MS Dynamics to latest version, ready for expansion
• Steer M&A activities as a finance lead for both corporate acquisitions and asset backed acquisitions while ensuring the successful integration of the acquisition.
• Implement internal controls and associated documentation on procedures for the group,
• Drive end-to-end financial compliance checks at all business levels.
• Establish robust financial governance policies and controls for compliance in the business, and institutionalised financial controls for cash flow management.
• Lead the financial structuring/restructuring process for multiple projects and negotiated favourable terms with banks and financial institutions.
• Oversee procurement activities, negotiating and playing a pivotal in cost reduction
• Spearhead company’s reporting transition from UK GAAP to FRS 102.
• Work to Recover R&D Costs / Claims
• Ad hoc improvement projects across Finance, Admin, IT & HR areas of the business.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with at least 5 years PQE gained in a similar finance Leadership position.
Key to this hire is a candidate that can join the business on the journey of scaling and commercialising the business following extensive R&D.
Candidates will need to help the company established and refine processes, controls and systems whilst also play a key role in the company’s strategic planning with rounds of fundraising or IPO pending.
In return my client is able to offer a basic salary of £80,000 to £140,000 Car, Benefits, Share Options / Equity and numerous short and long range bonus incentives.