Our client is a high growth, UK wide group of Solicitors (Legal Services)
With sizeable recent investment and disruptive mindset this Group has ambitious plans of both UK wide M&A and organic growth over the next 3-5 Years.
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a experienced COLP / Compliance Officer to join the Group.
This is a key role to the firm during their continued expansion and you will be ensuring that systems and controls are in place to enable the firm, its managers and employees to comply with their obligations under the SRA and the other relevant legislation, regulations and rules
Due to the national presence of the Law Group and hybrid working policy, this position can be UK however candidate will be required to travel to key offices in Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Leicester or London on a weekly basis.
Responsibilities to include:
• Close liaison for SRA questions and submitting and uploading data Assisting with conflicts and reporting
• Undertaking AML conflict clearances dealing with complaints and managing claims Renewing of practicing certificates review,
• Monitoring and updating the firm’s policies & procedures
• Maintaining Terms of Business and client care letters Responding to data breaches and data subject access requests Compliance record keeping and monitoring
• Ensuring new starters and existing staff are adherent to internal risk management, quality procedures and general compliance awareness Compliance audits General compliance awareness activities
• Liaising with Head’s of Departments, Team Leaders and managers ensuring data protection compliance
To be considered for the role you must have previous experience gained working as COLP or in a Legal Compliance function with sound understanding and demonstrated back of anti-money laundering laws and processes, and the SRA Code of Conduct Ability.
In return this position can be offered on either a Full or Part Time basis and also offers a high level of flexibility.
A competitive basic salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to be joining a high growth ambitious law firm in a key position awaits with exciting long term rewards await