My client, a leading professional within their sector, is recruiting for a Credit Analyst This company offers a great working environment and benefits and are located in North Leicester, so easily commutable from throughout the East Midlands.
Monitoring of buyer portfolio and analytical assistance to underwriting team.
The credit division is a friendly place to work and you will be well supported by other members of the risk team.
In this role the successful candidate will:
• be working closely with multiple teams including our risk, customer relations and claims teams.
• need to explain our decisions to policyholders, brokers and internal staff in the Customer relations team.
• develop strong financial analytical skills, have a good understanding of financial statements and keep up to date with reporting developments.
• need an awareness of the economic environment and the market conditions that influence the Credit Insurance product.
In time there could be an opportunity to become a specialist sector underwriter if the right initiative and skills are demonstrated.
• Undertake ongoing buyer / credit limit monitoring to ensure continued profitability within the portfolio.
• Allocation of monitoring alerts to the specialist underwriting team.
• Dealing with the monitoring of changes in buyer ratings to grade 7 or 8
• Analysis of financial statements to establish creditworthiness.
• Explanation of reasons for reducing / withdrawing limits to CRD
• Direct contact with both brokers and policy holders as required to provide explanations for decisions.
• Review and processing of policyholder overdue reports referred by Underwriting Assistant, including reducing / withdrawing of limits and sanctioning of policyholder repayment plans up to a value of £25k within agreed guidelines.
• Ensuring group structures are amended
• Strict use of the underwriting criteria to grant credit limits.
• General support to the risk underwriting team as required.
• Other reasonable duties instructed by the Risk Underwriting Manager
Effective monitoring of our buyer portfolio to ensure limits are withdrawn or reduced where appropriate. The loss ratio of the division will be a clear objective measure of success
Assistance with the implementation and operation of the buyer grading system is a key objective in this role
Detailed understanding of financial statements leading to the correct decisions to withdraw or reduce cover as appropriate is a critical skill required in the
There are over 50,000 buyers in the portfolio and the volume of reviews required each day is high. There is assistance from automated processes. Quick and accurate decision making is required
• Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to follow instructions and make decisions using information gathered.
• Ability to build effective business relationships.
• Ideally educated to degree level
• Previous financial analysis experience is desirable.
• Ideally an understanding of financial statements
• Experience working in a similar role would be advantageous.