My client is one of the UK’s leading award-winning brand agencies, boasting an enviable portfolio of clients, based in Leicestershire.
The role of Credit Controller is a varied role and one that forms a fundamental part of the accounts department, within a small and friendly finance team of 5 people in a fast-paced environment where every day is different.
• Chasing outstanding invoices to meet agreed payment terms by phone and email
• Taking card payments over the phone for invoices
• Maintaining full collections notes on SAGE 50 Accounts system and keeping customer details updated
• Updating the ledger with new invoices for payment collection
• Managing multiple sales ledgers (9 Companies)
• Producing monthly aged debt reports for the Accounts manager to review
• Running sales reports twice a month and checking the paid status of jobs
• Assist with filling in new supplier forms
• Uploading invoices to various portals as required by various clients
• Liaising with Sales Departments to resolve queries on invoices
• Maintaining general tidiness of ledgers
• Handling sales ledger queries
• Adhoc analysis of customer accounts
• Small element of covering for the purchase ledger clerk for holidays and days not worked.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills Required
• At least 2 years experience acquired in a credit control role.
• Excellent attention to detail
• The ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity
• Sage 50 or Xero experience preferred but not essential
• Be fully competent in handling all Microsoft packages – especially Excel
• To be able to build and nurture customer relationships as well as internal departmental relationships
• Ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team
• Be a good decision-maker
• High level of patience and tenacity
• On-site gym
• New starter goodie bag
• Above and beyond bonus scheme
• 23 Days Holiday
• Quarterly Team Events
• Contributory pension scheme
• Birthday bottle of bubbly