My client is a well-respected and rapidly expanding business within the construction and manufacturing Industry ideally situated on the East & West Midlands boarders close to both M1 and M42 therefore making easily accessible from
Due to continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an Credit Controller/Accounts Assistant to join the business.
We are currently looking for an experienced Credit Controller / Accounts Assistant who can demonstrate experience of working effectively and who thrives within a fast-paced environment. Your role will play a major role in maximising revenue and minimising credit risk.
You will expected to liaise with customers to receive outstanding debts. You must be comfortable speaking to customers over the phone as well as keeping up; to date with general administration and data input.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain accurate records, analyse the effectiveness of the company’s credit control system and implement changes to improve the profitability and reduce bad debt.
· Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices.
· Initiate legal proceedings for any overdue invoices or payments when necessary
· Allocate payments and balance out customer accounts by working through a daily ledger
· Process any refunds needed to customers
· Open credit account customers, maintaining they are within their limit
· Reconciliation of accounts
· Ensuring customers receive their monthly statement of accounts
· Contacting customers and colleagues to pass on key information by both telephone and email.
Key Skills Required
· Clear Telephone manner
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Experience using programs like SAP and Microsoft office, including word, excel outlook and PowerPoint
· Good organisation and time management
· Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
· Familiarity with data entry and analysis
· Customer focused with a passion for delivery to the highest standards
· The ability to listen to customers and negotiate winning solutions
· A true team player who can work collaboratively with others
· Able to be proactive and act on own initiative
· Accuracy and attention to detail