We are recruiting a Credit Controller for a privately owned SME based on the outskirts of Wolverhampton. This is a permanent position, based on site and offering a salary of £24-27k depending on experience. You will have a healthy handover period and once settled, be reporting into the Financial Controller.
Responsibilities will include, managing the collection of outstanding debt, minimise outstanding debt, liaising with customers and resolving any issues that may hinder the timely debt collection process.
Duties will cover:
• To ensure debts are collected within correct timescales.
• To ensure overdue letters are sent out in line with the Company’s policy.
• To ensure accounts are placed on stop in accordance with Company’s policy.
• To ensure all outstanding invoice queries are resolved.
• To ensure that any high risk accounts are brought to the attention of the Financial Controller
• To ensure all overdue accounts are passed to our solicitors at the appropriate time, and free from queries that may hinder legal action.
• Review of accounts which have exceeded credit limits, and where appropriate liaise with senior staff.
• Previous Credit Control experience is essential.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload and work on own initiative.
• Ability to meet targets set.