The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ credit control experience.
Regularly contact debtors on allocated ledgers to ensure that payment is received promptly. Maintain own ledger to include – Chasing customers for overdue payments by telephone letter and email. Dealing with any queries that arise whether by telephone post or email. Be proactive in monitoring credit limits. Ensuring communication with Manager, Management, Salesman, and Depot.
Previous experience within a Credit Control environment essential.
Good knowledge of Excel, Word.
Ability to work using own initiative and prioritise workload.
Flexibility – adapts positively to changing circumstances.
Teamwork – works well with colleagues
Strong customer service orientation with attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure, and meet deadlines
CICM Qualification desirable
• Attend Regular Credit Control meetings with Sales and Operations staff,
• produce minutes and distribute.
• Attend regular credit control update meetings with Credit Manager/Supervisor
• Allocation of payments accurately
• Minimise credit balances and unallocated cash
• Minimise overdue debt
• Prepare to send out customer statements/invoices
• Monitor trade debt situation
• Setting up of new accounts and credit checking
• Initiate appropriate action with solicitors and review as and when required
• Continual monitoring of best practice credit control procedures
• Collection of overdue debts by telephone / letter cycle
• Direct liaison with customers/colleagues to ensure debts collected
• Perform any such other duties as you may reasonably be required to perform within the scope of your knowledge, skills and ability.