My client is a leading PLC within the construction / house building industry.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Divisional Finance Analyst to join the business on a permanent basis.
Working closely within Divisional / Regional and Group based finance, this is a newly created role ideally suited to a dynamic and progressive Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant.
This position is to be based from the Offices in Leicestershire close to the M1 / M69, but does also offer the scope to work from home 3 days per week with flexible start and finish times (The client is also open to consider part time applications).
– Lead role in financial reporting for division
– Providing support and insight for Regional and Divisional Management
– Using technical acumen to ensure accounting compliance with accounting standards and group policies
Overview of Duties:
• Lead role in regional month end process including complex areas such as Revenue, WIP and Cost of Sales
• Build a strong working relationship with the Regional Finance Teams to critically evaluate the substance behind the transactional detail and the appropriateness of month end estimates. Ability to influence adherence to group policies and create strong control environment
• Review outputs from the Assistant Finance Analysts (including activities such as month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations)
• Provide feedback and coaching to aid continuous improvement and high performance
• Prepare the Half-Year and Full-Year Stat packs, supplementary group information and assist in the preparation of financial statements
• Assist in the preparation of ad hoc management information requests for the Divisional CEO / Regional Managing Directors and Group Finance Team
• Strong commercial acumen, ability to interpret financials into meaningful business outcomes
The ideal candidate for this position will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or actively working towards qualification, ideally with previous experience gained within a similar position in a medium to large PLC business.
Whilst experience gained within Construction, House Building, Manufacturing is desirable, my client is open on the industry, including taking a candidate seeking a first move from practice.
A good level of IT Literacy is essential, with Analysis and Reporting being a key part to this role.
MS Excel to Pivot Table and Look Up level is essential, knowledge of Anaplan, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Power BI is desirable.
This position also includes a high level of stakeholder engagement, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are therefore essential.
In return, this client has an excellent track record of candidate internal development, with most candidates developing into a new position within 12-24 months.
A competitive basic salary coupled with sizeable bonus and excellent benefits will be offered.