Our client is a well-respected SME Manufacturing business with a turnover of around £15m within the UK & Europe (£100m Group with 3 manufacturing facilities)
Due to forthcoming retirement Q1 2023, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Director to join the business ideally situated close to Jct 22 of the M1 and easily accessible from across Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Staffordshire.
Forming a key part of the UK SLT, this position with partner closely with the Managing Director with the day to day running of the business and delivery of short and long term strategic objectives.
This position has been well covered with the current incumbent leaving the business in great shape after 20 years of service.
The scope of the role will provide the business with strategic and financial guidance.
Include all budget and financial, planning, simulation and reporting in line with the business plan. It will ensure all financial transactions are conducted in a controlled, safe and secure manner.
The Finance Director will take ownership of the Finance and Accounts Vision. They will be the backbone for the department ethos and direction.
• Create and implement best practice finance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures in line with the business objectives and plan
• Ensure that all the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
• Translate the 5-year sales and business plan into a 5-year financial plan/strategy feeding back to the Senior Leadership Team numbers to build departmental operating plans while respecting the overall P&L target
• Ownership of the annual budget, monthly reporting, ratio analysis, the feedback of data to the Senior Leadership Team to drive corrective decisions and the annual year-end audit
• Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors including solicitors, insurers, the bank and external auditing firm
• Manage and control of all financial transactions, including accounts receivable and accounts payable to minimise exposure to risk and optimise cash flow
• Responsible for payroll, pension and life assurance processing
• Proactively drive costs out of the business and reduce lead times through the provision of relevant data and reporting to support continuous improvement projects
• IT networking, infrastructure and JDE
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by Management
The ideal candidate will be / have
Formally qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with at least 5 years PQE ideally with some previous experience gained within a engineering / manufacturing business
Those that are P/Q or QBE but have demonstrated experience in a similar role will be considered.
Comfortable being outward facing working closely with other key members of the SLT within Sales, Marketing, Production, Logistics driving improvement in both efficiency and profitability and holding areas of the business to account.
Commercially astute with a good understanding of economics, the finance climate and market trends
Proven track record working in a finance leadership position, leading a small finance team from the front with ownership of all aspects of Financial / Management / Commercial Accounting / FP&A leading and developing existing finance team
Experience gained within a SME or Divisional business with a hands on approach is essential with the successful candidate being the only Qualified Accountant within the UK Business
Knowledge of both UK and US financial standards and practices is ideal but not essential
Strong MS Excel ability to include Pivots, Look Ups etc as this candidate will be the lead for analysis within the business, knowledge of ERP Systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP, Dynamics Nav
This position can be suited to an experienced Finance Director or those operating as a Financial Controller / Head of Finance etc seeking a first step into a No 1 Position.
In return my client is able to offer an exciting and varied Finance Director position with candidates joining the business at a key stage of both growth and improvement
This position is being recruited well in advance of the current post holders exit to afford a comprehensive 3-6 month hand over.
A basic salary of upto £70,000 Bonus, excellent benefits and working environment await.