Our client is a market leading business operating within the Manufacturing Industry with a strong customer based across the UK & Europe and parent company to which are the market leader within the USA.
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Director to join their UK Head Office which is ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Derbyshire / Warwickshire boarders and therefore easily accessible across East and West Midlands
Working closely with the UK Managing Director, this is a varied and highly commercial position you won’t just be managing numbers; you”ll be crafting our financial narrative of success, playing a pivotal part in steering us towards continued financial excellence.
As the UK No 1 in Finance you will be taking ownership of the Management of the company’s finances including treasury, audit, corporation tax, VAT, legal.
The successful candidate will form part of the Management Team in a progressive, profitable and fast-moving environment with the focus to drive tangible benefits to the business performance.
Covering a diverse role including M&A, FP&A, Costing and Pricing, Working Capital and Cash Flow management.
Key responsibilities include:
• Production of monthly management accounts including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flows, budgets and variance analysis while coordinating the preparation of statutory accounts and audits;
• Group reporting of monthly management information to the Board;
• Implementation and enforcement of robust internal controls to deliver reliable, timely management data and accurate accounting records;
• Head of the annual budgeting process, financial modelling and development of the five year strategic plan;
• Working capital management including preparing a 13-week rolling cash flow forecast;
• Managing and coaching a finance team of 4 (finance manager, sales and purchase ledger administrators);
• Develop and maintain detailed costing and pricing models for all key services;
• Management of the Company’s property leases and insurance policies;
•Work closely with US Business, Conduct internal audit reporting for SOX controls and compliance
• Mergers and acquisition
The ideal candidate will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified with at least 5 years PQE and a proven history of operating in a finance leadership position. (Financial Controller / Head of Finance / Finance Director
Experience gained within a SME business £5-£50m Turnover is desirable along with previous experience gained within Manufacturing / Engineering / Construction / Builders Merchants
Experience of working within an international business to include trade within Europe or USA is also highly desirable but not essential.
Other keys skills
– Have a working knowledge of forecasting, management reporting, cash management and banking / funder relationships
– Strong Finance and reporting technical knowledge
– Expert knowledge of Excel with good wider general knowledge of accounting / ERP systems
– Passion, energy, drive.
– Able to challenge established practices constructively and bring solutions
– Confident decision maker, capable of ‘all level’ communications, Board and shareholder reporting.
– A team player with the ability to gain credibility Management Team / Board
– Decision making capabilities
– Commercial acumen, the successful candidate will be negotiating directly with both customers and suppliers and would be able to identify and exploit opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover and above all possess a “can do“ attitude.
In return my client is able to offer a competitive basic salary of up to £90,000 coupled with Car / Allowance and excellent benefits (Medical, Life Assurance, Strong Pension and Holiday Offering)