My client is a well-respected business operate within Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution of medical supplies with a UK head office ideally situated on the Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire boarders close to the M1
Due to internal movements, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a progressive finance leader to join the business as Finance Director Designate.
This position is being recruited with succession planning in mind with the successful appointment working towards a Finance Director position over the next 12-24 months
Overview of Duties
• Set the strategic direction of the UK entity in partnership with the Managing Director
• Provide insight, support, and commercial expertise in decision making as part of the UK Leadership Team whilst developing reporting and kpi’s for the business
• Oversee the Finance, Accounting, Commercial Excellence, Customer Services, Contracts, and IT functions within the UK through seven direct reports and a total team of twenty.
• Reporting to group and ensuring compliance with group polices
• Ensure ambitious targets for growth in sales and profitability are set and achieved in a rapidly expanding organisation aiming to be number 1 in the market
• Present to and liaise with major shareholders in order to keep them informed of progress in the UK entity and to present them with recommendations for their future investment
• Lead the redesign of Commercial Excellence covering organisational size, structure, roles, & responsibilities as well as incentive system, performance management, and market segmentation.
• Focus the culture and drive performance trajectory whilst laying the foundations for the next 5-10 years
• Work with the UK MD to organise strategy for growth through focussing investment and resource allocation, developing smart pricing strategy, and providing recommendations for the divestment of mature ranges
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE and experience operating in a leadership position. You will have the benefit of a number of year’s practical experience with experience within either Manufacturing or Healthcare being a major advantage and have the drive and drive and determination to work towards the FD position within the next 12- 24 months.
You will be comfortable forming part of the company SLT driving improvement and growth and must have a commercial focus with ability to look at wider business strategy.
The successful candidate will be working as the No 1 in Finance for the UK business and play a key role in the continued success of this great business, an attractive package Including strong basic salary, car or allowance, bonus, and excellent pension can be offered including the potential to benefit in future earning options from the future growth of the business.