My client is a dynamic SME e-Commerce specialising in the import, sales and distribution of Professional Catering Equipment.
Whilst the business have only been trading for around 5 years, with great knowledge of the market place and strong financial investment they have experienced rapid growth with a Turnover expect in excess of £15m for 2022 and pushing for £20m for 2023
This position is a key and newly created role for the business with the businesses desire to structure its Accounts and build a team that will help manage and monitor the business from a controller point of view and provide financial advice going forward.
Career advancement is in the hands of the successful candidate as they will be the first full time finance professional since company formation offering great scope to grow this position to Finance Director for those that have the ambition.
· Will act as business partner to an area of the business (e.g. digital, supply chain, commercial, marketing, stores, technology), directly partnering members of the Executive and Leadership team
· Will be responsible for supporting both strategic and operational decision making, through the preparation of robust insight, financial appraisal, business cases and sensitivity analysis
· Will own ‘end to end’ finance activities for the areas of the business supported, including reporting, forecasting/planning, cost control and managing risks and opportunities, with a focus on continuous improvement and ensuring that processes and outputs remain relevant to changing business needs
· Require an exceptional finance professional with proven business partnering experience and ability to influence and guide decision making.
At the start will be responsible for the following day to day:
· Preparation of management accounts (inc. income statements, balance sheet, and cashflow statements)
· Processing month end and other ad-hoc journals
· Preparation of budgets/forecasts.
· Assistance with preparation of statutory accounts and year-end audits
· Preparation of ad hoc internal reports as and when required
· Preparation of VAT returns
· Bank reconciliations
· Inputting electronic bank payments
· Posting sales and purchase invoices
· Verifying high-value transactions
· Minimising Foreign exchange exposure
Whilst starting as a hands on position, this role has excellent scope to grow and the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to build their own team.
The ideal candidate will be / have
· A strong financial grounding, CIMA/ACA/ACCA studier or qualified (P/Q or QBE Still Considered)
· Experience of finance partnering– with experience in digital, supply chain, technology or retail/brands a bonus
· High levels of curiosity – with a desire to understand the business operations, build relationships and challenge the status quo
· Proven ability to deliver insight, support the creation of complex business cases and recommend actions
· A ‘continuous improvement’ mindset – with proven achievements in adapting and enhancing processes
· Ability to see the bigger picture and support ad hoc decision making and influence day to day decisions
In return the candidate will be offered a starting basic salary between £30,000 – £40,000 with excellent scope for prompt improvement on demonstration of value add.
Being a newly created position and operating as the No 1 in finance this role offers great exposure to the CEO and MD with candidates given the freedom to make the role their own
This position is to be based from the companies site based in Rugby, Warwickshire with some flex around home working being offered.