My client is a well regarded SME that has been established and trading from their premises for over 40 years. Part of a international group.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Management Accountant / Finance Manager to join the business in a lead finance capacity.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this position promises to be both varied and progressive, as my client is ideally looking for an individual that can develop into the company Finance Director.
To analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability or other financial activities within the company.
The focus of this candidate will be to take full ownership of the company’s Financial and Management Accounting activity, alongside leading on a number of business improvement projects.
• Lead, guide, mentor and develop a team of two long serving finance clerks, ensuring that work is completed to agreed timescales
• Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
• Management accounts – Creation of Budget, provide forecast and analysis of variances
• Creation of Board reports and provide analysis and commentary
• Business Partner the wider business, driving improvement on sales, margins and general business performance
• Management of company cash flow and provide forecasts
• Auditing external and internal work, and External Audit
• Assist with ad hoc finance projects
The ideal candidate will have previous experience gained within a similar Management Accounting / Finance Manager position, ideally within a SME or divisional business.
Previous experience of using Sage Line 50 / 200 is preferred, but not essential.
In return, a competitive basic salary of up to £40,000.