My client is a UK market leader within the Food Manufacturing Sector, ideally situated. Due to continual expansion and business improvement, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the team.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will lead a small team of finance professionals and ensure the timely delivery of all aspects of monthly financial reporting.
You will have strong technical accounting knowledge, coupled with a commercial focus to enable the ability to understand and challenge performance, resulting in high quality reporting to both the business and Group.
• Accurately producing the monthly board pack to the highest standard of quality, and continuously strive to drive improvements for relevant and timely reporting
• Maintaining strong control over balance sheet reconciliations, for confident discussion and review
• Supporting and challenging overhead budget holders as part of a defined monthly process, with review against budget and forecast
• Compilation, through discussions with overhead budget holders of the annual budgets for the coming year, and quarterly forecast with the appropriate level of challenge
• Completing and continually improving the accuracy of the weekly cash flow forecast, for timely submission to Group
• Responsibility for the accurate and timely submission of all annual filing to HMRC, to include PSA / P11d / CTSA / VAT
• Leading and coordinating internal and external audits, demonstrating strong financial control in all areas of the business
• Supervising team, ensuring smooth running of the department with constant review of performance and training needs
• Maintaining strong working relationships with all Managers within the business
• Deputising for Financial Controller when required
Applicants will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with PQE experience within Manufacturing
You will be a confident and outgoing accountant that has the mix of both technical accounting and commercial acumen, and a desire for continual improvement.
Experience gained within FMCG / Manufacturing is preferred, however not essential.
In return, my client can offer an excellent working environment and market leading benefits.