My client is a divisional Manufacturing business and a subsidiary business of a major international Group with a key UK site ideally situated in Leicestershire Close to both the M1, A46 and A6 and therefore easily accessible from across the East Midlands
Due to continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as No 2 in Finance Manager / Financial Controller.
Working closely with and supported by the Director of Finance, Commercial & Operations the successful candidate is being appointed to:
• To effectively manage the financial accounting team consisting of AP, AR, Payroll, treasury, costing functions, Management accounting and SOX compliance.
• To provide accurate and timely cost & management accounting information.
• To pro-actively promote, facilitate and enhance the financial awareness of all employees, especially Managers.
• Maintain the integrity of financial systems and reports.
• Pro-actively work with other departments to reduce costs, improve productivity and streamline existing systems and processes.
Overview of Duties.
• To provide an effective financial / management accounting service which meets the needs of the business whilst ensuring compliance with Statutory and accounting procedures and demands.
• Preparation and submission of monthly accounts within three working days of the period end in to Oracle FCCS and working with colleagues on queries and questions.
• Responsible for reporting of daily profit and loss and variable cost per earned standard hour reporting.
• Assistance with the preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
• Explanation of variances from plan and implementation of corrective actions where applicable.
• Design, development & implementation of daily KPI monitors for the finance team together with corrective action plans for measures off target.
• Responsibility for meeting the SOX control requirement for the business through co-ordinating the completion of the quarterly testing and ensuring SOX documentation is complete and accurate.
• The control of the Nominal ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, fixed assets and VAT.
• Responsibility for the preparation & submission of accurate and timely VAT returns, IPR returns and other government returns and statistics.
• Ultimately responsible for ensuring inventory and cycle counts are performed annually along with fixed asset verifications every 3 years as per corporate guidelines.
• Responsible for additional quarterly reporting finance tasks to corporate including quarterly finance reviews with Group colleagues.
• Responsibility for management of balance sheet recs in line with Group policy.
• To provide balance sheet hedge forecasts to Group colleagues on a monthly basis.
• Preparation of year-end statutory financial accounts including liaison with the Company’s Auditors.
• Facilitate and promote financial awareness throughout the Company.
• Review of daily cash monitoring & cash flow forecast reports.
• To assist the manufacturing managers to analyse and justify new capital equipment, changes in working practices etc.
• To continuously strive to improve the Operating Working Capital of the business.
• To manage systems of control of capital expenditure in accordance with Group policies including preparation of regular reports of expenditure.
• Monitor, train, coach and counsel team members
The ideal candidate will ideally be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a number of years PQE ideally gained in a similar position
Those operating at a Management Accounting / Financial Accounting level but looking to develop to take ownership of a small finance team will be considered.
Experience gained within a Manufacturing / Engineering biased business is desirable but not essential as long as experience within a fast-paced environment can be demonstrated.
Previous experience gained working within an international business or reporting into an international parent company is also desirable.
In return my client is able to offer a competitive basic salary of up to £70,000 coupled with excellent benefits package which includes 36 days holiday
Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Quarterly and Annual Bonuses and excellent pension await.