Our client is a award winning services business located in Eastwood, Nottinghamshire (NG16)
As a result of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Part Qualified / Qualified or QBE Accountant to join the business as Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the business operating as the No 1 in Finance working closely with the Directors and External Accountants.
The key purpose of the Finance Manager role is to support the Board, to deliver profitable and sustainable growth for the business. You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of commercial and financial information, to enable our decision making.
• Guiding the business with insightful information, to allow to make sound business decisions, in the short, medium and long term.
• Prepare monthly management accounts for review by Board of Directors.
• Process weekly supplier payment runs using bank software.
• Prepare weekly reports including cash-flow, income and debtor statements.
• Support and lead where appropriate financial system development.
• Support the production of annual budgets and medium term company financial plan.
• Produce monthly control accounts reconciliations inc bank, payroll and fixed assets.
• Oversee the sales and purchase ledgers (Supervision of 1 Finance Assistant)
• Support the credit control function including liaison with legal representatives for bad debts.
• Support in bids and tenders when required.
• Assess credit applications from potential clients.
The ideal candidate will be working towards AAT / ACCA / CIMA if not already qualified and have at least 2-3 years’ experience gained working across Financial & Management Accounting ideally with a SME business.
Those that are QBE with suitable experience will be considered as qualification is not essential
This could equally be a ideal move for a candidates currently working within practice but seeking a first move into industry
Candidates will be joining the business in a lead finance capacity, whilst supported by Directors and External Accountants candidates therefore need to be comfortable completing the above tasks within supervision.
A good level of IT Literacy is required to include MS Excel, Knowledge of systems such as Sage, Xero, QuickBooks is desirable.
In return a basic salary of up to £45,000 Bonus, Benefits, Study Support and Hybrid working can be offered