My client is a rapidly expanding Midlands based business, specialised business operating within the construction industry naming many house hold names as clients.
Due to continued expansion into to new regions FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Regional Finance Manager to join the business.
This is a newly created role for the East Midlands region and offers great exposure to key stake holders / SLT and both Regional and Group Levels – Regional MD, Group FC, CFO.
• Ownership & Preparation of the month end accounts for the business unit
• Analysis of performance and reporting to local management and Group
• Leading the budget and forecast process for the business unit
• Support ERP implementation as finance representative for the business unit
• To record accurately the financial performance of the business unit and provide management with insight into the performance vs. forecast and budgets
• To be a business partner to local management, providing analysis, challenge, support and insight to help deliver required performance and development of the growth plan
Detailed Job Description:
• Ownership & preparation of the month end accounts applying Long term contract accounting principles
• Analyse the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), especially relating to financial metrics such as revenue, gross margin, overheads, and EBITDA.
• Analyse and report contract margins against budget/forecast by contract. Support and challenge contract performance and outturn margin with the QS and Commercial Director
• Forecast business performance outturn monthly
• Prepare and present the annual budget and 3yp together with the MD of the business unit
• Support the business unit management team and the Heads of Department with data-driven analysis and ad hoc requests
• Reconcile commercial reports with financial reports and challenge the data; including the CVR, contract summary, outturn margin, remedial provisions, commercial adjustments, cost increases
• Closely monitor client receipts, debtors and retention balances by client
• Ensure the tender costs are transferred to the contract costs and challenge/verify as appropriate
• Continuously lead improvement activities in all processes, especially commercial processes
• Ensure that Group policies are adhered to and advise local management of their duties in various scenarios that may occur
• Ensure adherence to Group timetables and ad hoc information requests
• Lead the business unit risk management process
Required skills / business experience:
• Deep understanding of financial and operational information & processes
• Experience in long term contract accounting and working in a contracting business
• Advanced analytical and Excel modelling skills
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACA / CIMA / ACCA Qualification if not already qualified and have at least 3 years experience gained in a Management Accounting, Commercial Accounting, Finance Manager or Finance Business Partner position.
You will have a passion for change and continuous improvement and a willingness to assist with projects.
A good level of IT Literacy to include MS Excel and sound analysis skills are essential.
In return a competitive basis salary of £50,000 to £60,000 Excellent Benefits and Bonus of 20-30% can be offered giving a highly competitive OTE.
Excellent scope for career development both within the region and wider group can be offered.