Our client is a well respected business operating within the Service and Property Sector ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Derbyshire / Staffordshire boarders a therefore easily commutable from across both East & West Midlands especially when taking into account the companies hybrid working policy.
As a result of continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Part Qualified or Qualified Finance Professional to join the business as Financial Accountant.
This role will suit you if you can demonstrate strong experience in a finance department including the external audit process, are a strong team player and you are driven by a high attention to detail.
The core purpose of this role is to maintain financial control across the Group alongside project work to help drive the function forward and to improve processes.
This role offers hybrid working and also offers Flexible Working too around company start and finish times.
Duties will include:
Maintenance and control of the general ledger (accruals, prepayments, assistance with bank reconciliation queries)
Ensuring that balance sheet accounts for all group entities are reconciled
Preparation of our monthly statutory consolidation
Working alongside the external auditors to ensure that the year end audit process is smooth
Assistance in the preparation of the year end accounts
Assistance with ad hoc projects and tasks as necessary (i.e acquisitions, system upgrades, tax initiatives, etc)
The ideal candidate will
• Be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA / AAT if not already qualified
• Previous experience in a financial control role
• A strong drive to improve systems and processes and get the best out of our systems
• Exceptionally high attention to detail
• Be a strong team player with the ability to work to your own initiative
• Excellent communication skills at a variety of levels
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, specifically pivot tables, formulas, V- lookups, IF statements
• Confidence with a friendly personality
In return a competitive basic salary coupled with bonus, excellent benefits and highly flexible hybrid working arrangement can be offered coupled with a basic salary of up to £45,000 DOE and Qualification.