My client is a leading international business (house hold name) within the Manufacturing, Sales & Distribution. A house hold with a world-wide revenue of £4.5b
Due to promotion from within, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Fixed Asset Accountant to join the business in Burton Upon Trent easily commutable from across both East and West Midlands.
To support the Financial Controller and the wider team in providing the necessary reporting to both local and group management in a professional, accurate and timely way. The key is to deliver the necessary stakeholders with the right tools to take short / medium term operational decisions, as well as assisting in the formulation of longer term business strategies
Working as part of the Head Office finance team, responsibilities will include the following:
* Implementing and ensuring compliance with the corporate Fixed Asset Policy and Processes
* Liaise with Local Function Heads and HQ Investment team during MP/OP process & maintain Milan HQ reporting system
* Co-ordinate the Local Investment Committee meetings
* Report Capital project approvals and expenditure to Local Function Heads & HQ
* Risk management and Internal Controls Framework for capital expenditure accounting
* Recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposals of fixed assets.
* Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
* Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset register to the relevant accounts in the general ledger.
* Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
* Provide relevant adhoc analytic and advisory support on various projects in a timely manner
The ideal candidate will be fully quailed (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) ideally with experience gained in a larger business operating in Financial Accountant or Fixed Asset Accountant Capacity.
* Good technical financial accounting skills with knowledge of internal controls
* A high proficiency in Excel is essential. Experience of SAP is very desirable, although training will be given
* Fully flexible, able to meet deadlines and often at short notice
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with people at different levels in different functions.
* Able to demonstrate analytical skills (understanding and interpreting information)
* A proven team player, dynamic and enthusiastic in outlook
* Must have a drive for improvement of systems / reporting and comfortable with adapting to, and driving change
* Demonstrate resilience, and persuasion skills
In return a highly competitive basic, salary excellent benefits and career development await.