My client is a dynamic and rapidly expanding SME business within the service industry with exciting growth plans ahead for 2022 (both organic and via acquisition)
As such FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an exciting, varied and progressive Financial Accountant vacancy to work from their offices in LE4 area of Leicestershire.
Reporting into the Finance Director this is a pivotal role for the business and will have a major impact on the companies short and long term success.
Responsibility for the preparation of monthly and annual statutory reporting for all companies within the group. Managing the group VAT returns and payroll arrangements.
• Responsibility for the preparation for monthly, quarterly and year end closings
• Complete all month and year end adjustments including: accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, intercompany adjustments financial asset & liability adjustments
• Provide monthly P&L and Balance Sheet analysis; highlighting key variances to budget, suggesting improvements where possible
• Responsibility for client payment approvals, ensuring that compliance is maintained
• Manage intercompany postings and ensure that company balances agree
• Manage relationship with our third-party payroll provider to complete the monthly payroll
• Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
• Prepare year end statutory accounts
• Coordinating with external audit and tax teams
• Manage group cash balances, ensuring sufficient amounts remain in each company to comply with internal policy and external covenants
• Ensure compliance GAAP principles and best practice set by the Finance Director
• Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the Finance Director
• Assist in developing document processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal records
• Assist with preparing and managing budgets
• Assist with Adhoc project work as required
The successful candidate will play an operational role within the Finance team and would suit a motivated and hands-on experienced finance professional with the following:
• Experience with Management & Financial Accounting and strong bookkeeping skills
• ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified
• Knowledge of Sage accounting software is highly desirable
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Confident working on own initiative
• Team worker
• Highly organised with efficient time management and ability to prioritise accordingly to ensure deadlines are met
This position can be offered of a full or part time basis with a salary of upto £45,000 benifits and bonus.
Some level of hyrbid working can be offered for full time employees and a high level of flex on start and finish times for those seeking part time.