My client is a well-respected business operating within the Food Manufacturing and Wholesale industry producing over 1,500 high quality and premium from their facility based in South Leicestershire.
Due to expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Controller to their wholesale / distribution division which is around £20m Turnover.
You will report into the Group Financial Controller who in turn reports into the Finance Director.
This role is varied and hands on. It would suit someone who is methodical and highly organised and able to work on their own as well as be a team player. You must possess the ability to support team members, communicate at all levels and work to strict deadlines.
Oversee and take responsibility for the finance function of the division including the purchase and sales ledgers
Prepare financial reports such as daily KPIs and sales analysis, working to deadlines
Manage and support junior team members
· Prepare monthly management accounts
· Prepare and submit VAT returns
· Prepare and submit P11D returns
· Prepare year end accounts and audit pack
· Prepare annual and monthly financial forecasts
· Ensure financial controls are in place and adhered to across the business
· Prepare month end supplier payments for authorisation
· Check and authorise employee expense claims
· Oversee IT and communications administration
· Raise IT support cases with external IT support
Assist the Group Financial Controller with adhoc duties
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualification if not already qualified and ideally have previous experience gained operating as Management Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller.
Those working within practice but seeking a 1st move into industry will also be considered.
In return my client offers a great working environment coupled with excellent benefits study support and a basic salary of up to £50,000 DOE