Financial Controller – East Midlands and central services (6 direct reports)
Senior Management Team & Finance Leadership Team
• Manage and develop a team of 14: central services 10 and management accounts 4.
• Attendance of monthly management meetings.
• Continuing development of finance team.
• Business partner to the strategic land division.
Reporting and planning
• To provide accurate and timely information about the direction of travel of the East Midlands
regional business, c700 plots a year.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and Board report.
• Cash management.
• Liaise with other departments for monthly regional forecast and annual budget preparation.
• Ensure the accurate maintenance of the corporate balance sheet.
• Review performance against the regional budget and forecast to identify cost savings.
• Ensure controls and processes are adhered to in terms of Company and Statutory requirements.
• Manage preparation and presentation of KPI’s on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Main point of contact for interim and final audit. Prepare statutory accounts and tax pack.
• Develop monthly land finance reports and planning spend tracker for strategic land business.
• Full review of accounting process for sites operated as construction contracts.
• Developing methodology to calculate ‘first time match rate’ for newly implemented order matching.
• Creation of central overhead review to ensure consistent reporting and identify cost savings.
• Development of draft certificates process for subcontractors on COINS.