My client is a privately owned £25m Turnover SME business operating within the Healthcare Industry, ideally situated in the CV8 area (South Warwickshire) but also offering Hybrid working.
Due to continued expansion and retirement (long serving member 26yrs) , FRS have been enlisted to assist in the recruitment of a Financial Controller to join the business on a full time, permanent basis.
My client is needing an experienced hands-on Financial Controller is required to oversee all finance-related activities.
You will be responsible for managing and developing the finance team of 5 staff and report directly to the Finance Director.
(The role will benefit from a planned handover from the current Financial Controller)
• Preparing, reviewing and publishing timely consolidated management accounts used for Operational Management and Board reporting.
• Financial control of the groups statutory companies and ensure all associated returns (VAT) are submitted on time and accurately.
• Ensuring annual budgeting cycle is complete for all business units and figures are consolidated, assisted by the management accountant.
• Documenting business processes and accounting policies to establish, maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Streamlining, automating, and improving the accounting system (Sage 200) and associated invoicing processes
• Managing the finance team in all aspects of the accounting operations, including Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
• Monitoring the Cash flow for the group, working with the credit controller to improve debtor balances. Review and approve payments as well as managing bank accounts.
• Assisting with weekly, monthly, and annual reports for analysing results, identifying trends.
• Advising and supporting operational management teams with their financial performance
• Supervising, training and managing the Finance Team.
• Supporting the front line operations with their administration and reconciliations and accounts queries.
• Managing the annual audit with external accountants, audit personnel and tax professionals, as required. Submitting quarterly bank covenant information.
The ideal candidate will have broad and varied experience gained across Financial & Management Accounting ideally gained within either a SME or Divisional Business.
Previous experience gained in a supervisory / leadership positions is also desirable but not essential.
A good level of IT Literacy is key with the business about to embark on a period of change / improvement around current Sage system (200) and use of MS Excel.
In return my client is able to offer a fun and friendly office environment that offers hybrid working and future scope to travel around group operational sites to meet and influence key stakeholders across the business.
A basic salary of up to £60,000 bonus and benefits await.