Our client is a well-established group of companies operating within the Property Sector with a vast portfolio of Commercial and Residential Properties and a number of ongoing property development projects.
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment for a Financial Controller to join the business situated Near Rugby & Lutterworth and therefore easily accessible from across both East & West Midlands using M1 / M6 / M69 / A5
Working closely with the Managing Director, this is a key role to the business managing all financial matters for both the company and property portfolio accounting.
• Work with MD to create annual budget for the group of 5 companies
• Produce monthly management accounts with analysis and commentary of variances and reforecasting
• Management of company banks accounts and ensure smooth company cash flow
• Closing of ledgers and completion of month end cycle include Journals / Accruals / Pre Payments and Maintenance of company fixed assets
• Management of property accounting to include monthly, quarterly and annual charges for rents, utilities, service charges , maintenance.
• Daily Management of bank accounts, Reconciliation, payments and expenses
• Ensure the timely payment of debtors, sending out of statements / sales invoices
• Timely completion of Monthly / Quarterly returns including VAT
• Assist in the running of small monthly payroll
• Daily use of MS Excel for reporting and Xero accounting software
The business has ambitious plans for continued expansion, as such the opportunity to get involved within continuous improvement projects alongside BAU tasks.
The ideal candidate will be working towards qualification (AAT / ACA / ACCA / CIMA) if not already qualified and ideally have at least 5 years previous accounting experience working across Financial & Management Accounting.
This could also be a ideal move for candidates currently working within practice but seeking to make a 1st move into industry,
A good level of IT Literacy to include MS Excel is key and experience of using Xero desirable but not essential.
This position promises to be both varied and challenging and will be a key role in the companies ongoing expansion.
In return a competitive basic salary DOE of £40,000 to £60,000 can be offered coupled with study support, excellent benefits and performance related bonus.