Our client is a well established a rapidly expanding privately owned SME business operating within operating within the construction industry naming many house hold names across the UK as clients.
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller to join the business ideally located in Leicester close to Jct 21 M1 / M69 and therefore easily accessible from across the East and West Midlands.
Working closely with the Managing Director, this position will be the lead finance role for the business taking responsibility for the below.
• Ownership of Company / Group annual budgeting process with support from MD and wider SLT and associated reforecasting
• P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow, Re-forecasts to Group twice yearly
• Timely production of monthly management accounts with commentary and analysis to Directors
• Develop existing KPI’s / metrics / dashboard to enable improved financial analysis
• Regular review and analysis on Pricing, Margins, Costs & Sales along with competitor analysis.
• Management of company bank accounts and cash flow
• Payment of suppliers and expenses along with management of company credit cards and car scheme
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Controls for group of companies including multiple bank Recs
• CIS Monthly Returns and Quarterly VAT returns
• Payroll Processing – Monthly Payroll; P60’s; P11d’s; P45’s
• Leadership of a Book Keeper responsible for Purchase / Sales / General Ledgers
• Provide monthly and quarterly update meetings with company SLT to drive improvement in performance.
The ideal candidate will ideally be qualified with at least 2 years PQE however those that are QBE or Part Qualified with at least 5 years’ experience gained in a similar position covering all aspects of Management & Financial Accounting will be considered.
Previous experience gained in a SME business or Divisional Company is desirable with the confidence of being able to operate as the lead finance person support the MD with continued growth.
Knowledge of working within either Manufacturing / Construction / Engineering biased industries is desirable due to the project nature of the clients work.
In return this position is able to offer a high level of flexibility around hybrid working and start and finish times and a great opportunity to partner with the MD to have a key influence on the company’s ongoing success.
A basic salary of up to £60,000 coupled with excellent benefits and profit related bonus await.