My client is a small but ambitious and perfectly formed PE backed tech led service business.
They have a disruptive mind-set to their industry and are keen to grow the business both by improved market share and further diversification of the products and services they provide but still maintaining the company ethos of putting customers at the heart of everything with a focus on quality and sustainability
The company have a collective and invested workforce with all employees owning a slice of the business and therefore working collaboratively as a team to use ideas and experiences to become bigger and better, together.
Due to the above expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a commercially focused, qualified finance leader to join the company as Financial Controller based from their offices in Stratford upon Avon alongside working from home.
This role is a key and integral part of the companies SLT playing a major role in the companies continued expansion operating as the No 1 in Finance reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with Investors and Key Stakeholders across the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a pivotal role within the business operating as the No 1 in Finance whilst leading a small team but well established finance team with further expansion planned.
• To be effective in this role requires exceptional relationship skills, strong commercial acumen, a keen attention to detail, and a strong background in commercial finance.
• We are looking for someone with experience of a high growth organisation and a proven ability to demonstrate great influencing, management, organisation, and prioritisation skills.
• Also, you’ll be comfortable delivering both good and bad news, and be known for having a level-headed approach to problem solving and dealing with the unexpected.
• You’ll have a significant role looking inwards, delivering reporting, analysis and insights.
• To succeed at this, you’ll ready and able to overhaul and align our reporting and KPI’s, including operational, and present these to management on a regular basis.
• During previous roles, you will have built up a thorough understanding and application of management accounting, forecasting and planning, and are able to model a full P&L, BS and cashflow in Excel.
• For the statutory accounts, we expect you to have a firm grasp of current standards, however, your role is to manage the process in a timely and efficient manner with the external accountants
This position is ideally suited to a qualified accountant with PQE that either has experience OR aspiration to work within a Finance Leadership position with in an ambitious and growing business.
Whilst a good level of general financial control is required, the focus of this position is to improve financial analysis, modelling and commercial in slight whilst driving change and improvement and building strong relationships
Prior experience gained working for PE / VC backed business is desirable this is not essential and could therefore prove to be a great opportunity for someone to gain experience as a No 1 in finance within this area as part of their development
– You will be a natural communicator and influencer committed to first class service;
– Passionate about making a difference through what you do.
– You’ll be able to work confidently at all levels of the organisation, internally and externally, developing a strong rapport and authority with our team, our investors and clients.
– You’ll be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and will use your initiative and experience to advise the Board and Senior Management Team.
– You’ll help us improve our processes and find new and better ways of doing things.
– Ready to make the step to owning delivery of the company’s strategy alongside the SLT
In return a highly competitive basic salary coupled with Bonus and Share Option Scheme well be offered,