Our client is a well respected business operating within the Construction / House Build Industry with its head office ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Warwickshire / Northamptonshire Boarders
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified accountant to join the business as Financial Controller
This position will work closely with the companies Finance Director and effectively operate as the No 2 within the Finance Dept.
• Provide a set of monthly management accounts, actuals and forecast. This should include a detailed profit loss, balance sheet analysis and cash flow for each site and the Group as a whole.
• Investigate and explain variances in the management account compared to forecast.
• Manage the Groups treasury function, including reconciliation of bank statements, processing ad hoc and bacs payments and receipts.
• Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Responsibility for, preparation and submission of HMRC returns (VAT, PAYE, CIS, Class 1a) and any relevant queries arising.
• Processing and submission of all ONS statistical returns
• Weekly KPI reporting – including sales performance and short-term cash flow.
• Manage annual audit and preparation statutory returns for up to 40 SPVS (individual sites), and Group / Holdings Business
• Deputise for the CFO in key operational meetings as and when required, such as weekly sales and build, CVR reviews and monthly site review meetings.
• Develop and improve ERP system to support operational efficiency across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA if not already qualified and preferably have at least 2-3 years previous experience gained in a similar management accountant position
Those that are Stop Studiers / QBE but have transferable experience will be considered.
Previous experience gained operating within the Construction / House Building Sector is desirable however is not essential.
Other Key Experience
• Strong excel and data analysis skills.
• Hard working and flexible with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Ability to Business Partner build strong relationships across the organisation
• Experience of using COINS ERP system
In return my client is able to offer a basic salary of £60,000 to £75,000 Car Allowance Bonus and Excellent Benefits
This position can offer hybrid working and other benefits include.