My client is a leading business operating within the construction and engineering industry with a turnover in the region of £150m and its UK Head Office based ideally situated in Walsall.
The clients include a number of house hold names with the business demonstrating strong retention and continued growth over the last 10 years.
As a result of expansion both organic and via M&A activity along with internal promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a FP&A Analyst on a permanent basis.
* Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives
* Analysis of the Group’s performance and reporting to Board
* Develop Stop–Simplify–Standardise across financial processes and reports
* Support the embedding of Long-Term Contract Accounting
* Support Senior Finance Manager
• Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives (potentially including M&A and Refinance)
• Analyse the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) relating to financial metrics including revenue, expenditures, and margin.
• Enhance KPI’s to facilitate forecast improvements e.g., labour efficiencies and inflation monitoring
• Develop routine overhead and indirect labour monitoring
• Detailed variance to Budget/Forecast analysis and provide meaningful insights
• Convert tender documentation to compatible format to enhance LT contract accounting and outcome evaluation
• Re-build financial reporting history by identifying sources of information; assembling, verifying, and reconciling to final Management & Statutory information
• Re-build historic Contract Performance Reporting on long-term contract accounting basis that reconciles to statutory accounts
• Ad-hoc analysis requests both internal (e.g., P&L/expense/credit card analysis) and external
• Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast processes
• Consolidating and challenging the regional FM management reports to ensure consistency and adopt best practice, including contract monitoring/performance, retentions, overdues etc
• Work closely with local FMs, business unit management team and the Heads of Department in respect of data-driven analysis and ad hoc requests to consolidate business performance reporting
• Recommends financial actions by assessing options in relation to organisation goals; Stop– Simplify–Standardise across financial processes
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, formatting, analysing, and explaining information behind the numbers.
• Develop/implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports alongside Business-wide ERP rollout
This role will be office based during the period of trying and can then adapt to offering hybrid working.
Working closely with FC, CFO and CEO this is a key role providing valuable commercial and financial insight into business performance.
This role will also business partner key stakeholders across all areas of the business.
Strong abilities with MS Excel are essential as a key part of this role will be providing analysis and financial modelling.
The ideal candidate will be working towards final stages of CIMA / ACCA Qualification if not already qualified have previous experience gained within FP&A / Commercial Finance biased position.
A basic salary of £55,000 Bonus (15-25%) and excellent benefits can be offered,