My client is a well-respected FTSE listed business operating within the construction industry, with the head office ideally situated in Leicestershire.
Due to internal promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Group Accounting Manager.
This is a full time, permanent position and offers hybrid working – 4 days working from home, and 1 day working within the office.
Reporting to the Senior Group Accounting Manager, you will manage the Group Financial Accounting team in the production of Group, subsidiary and Joint Venture financial information, ensuring compliance with all statutory financial reporting requirements.
• Lead the Group financial accounting team in the production and interpretation of financial accounting information and technical pronouncements
• Manage, prepare and review information for results announcements
• Manage all aspects of the Group and subsidiary statutory accounts, including ensuing compliance with all accounting standards, legal and corporate governance requirements
• Have ownership of Group Accounting Policies and the Group Accounting Policies and Procedures manual; providing advice and support to the business
• Prepare Audit Committee papers at half and year-end
• Co-ordinate external audit of interim and year end financial information
• Lead projects for the introduction of controls improvements and process efficiencies in financial reporting, ensuring compliance with the latest corporate governance legislation
• Manage four direct reports, ensuring controls are operating effectively throughout the team
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with PQE gained working within industry.
– Extensive technical accounting knowledge
– Ability to understand and interpret technical guidance and communicate this across the Group
– Experience in managing a team of professionals to meet tight deadlines
– Excellent project management skills and experience in delivering projects and driving business change
– Strong initiative and high attention to detail
In return, my client is able to offer a basic salary of up to £70,000 coupled with sizeable bonus, Private Medical, Life Assurance and 25 days holiday that increases with continuous service, and a host of other great flexible benefits.
Aside from the above, most notable about this employer is the proven history of excellent staff retention and career development opportunities.