Our client is a leading Manufacturing PLC with a rich trade of over 200 years and ideally situated on the Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire boarders and therefore easily commutable from across the East & West Midlands
Due to internal promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Group Financial Accountant but with a difference.
The successful candidate will support the Head of Group Reporting with all aspects of the function – predominantly with our monthly reporting cycle – including assistance in preparation of both interim and yearly statutory accounts – FTSE listed business and subsidiary’s which will take up around 50% of the role
Alongside this however this candidate will also play a key role in leading a number of key projects around transformation, change and improvement across the Group with a real ability to influence the business whilst gaining great exposure to the Board.
– Have experience of month end close and consolidation processes for a large business with multiple trading divisions
– Knowledge of key business drivers and experience of articulating/challenging company reporting
– Understanding of financial systems/controls, balance sheets and UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
– Be a comfortable engaging and business partnering at all levels with first class communication skills
– Desire to drive improvement and efficiency and be happy to play a key role in a number of exciting agile projects
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with PQE or in the final stages of completing such studies with demonstrated experience in a similar role
Be a self-starter with ‘can do’ attitude and have the ability to multi-task under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
Be comfortable presenting ideas and concepts to both senior stakeholders and team members
Have a creative approach to problem solving with the ability to work with the resources available
Possess a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Experience of responding to and providing information to external audit entities
This role is and has proven to be an excellent spring board into this FTSE the company offering great exposure and development opportunities across the group within quick succession.
This position could also provide to be an excellent first move to a candidate currently working within practice but seeking a first move into industry
A competitive basic salary, coupled within bonus and excellent benefits with hybrid working can be offered on this position