My client is a well-established business operating within the Manufacturing industry, situated in East Kilbride and forms part of a sizeable international group.
Due to internal movements, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Head of Finance to join the business.
This role will work closely with the Site Managing Director and Group Finance Director based within the Midlands.
Financial control for the business, including all reports requirements audit compliance and financial data analysis.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the finance department.
• Ensure that the Company’s cash resources are sufficient, and properly managed, including daily banking and invoice discounting.
• Prepare and publish monthly management accounts to Group deadlines.
• Provide financial insight and analysis into all aspects and performance of the business.
• Provide analysis on overhead / costing / sales / margin performance and using this to instigate improvement activities.
• Assist in preparation of annual budget.
• Ensure that Management Reporting is supported by suitable detailed budgets and forecasts, and comparisons with budget and prior periods.
• Quality control over financial transactions and reporting.
• Ensure that the Company’s internal controls are suitable, effective, and operational.
• Overseeing tax issues in relation to PAYE, NI and VAT, and ensuring compliance.
• Prepare capital expenditure applications to Group standards.
• Work closely with the senior management team to provide analysis and financial advice, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
• Ensure that the Company’s cost tables for pricing, stock valuation, and customer profitability are up to date and relevant.
• Ensure that the Company’s IT systems are suitable, efficient, and resilient.
• Ensure that departmental staff are suitably trained for their roles, and able to undertake further development where possible.
• Liaise with a range of external stakeholders, such as customers, suppliers and auditors on financial related matters.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with previous experience operating in a leadership finance position.
Previous experience operating within Manufacturing is also highly desirable.
In return, my client can offer a challenging and varied role with scope and exposure to all aspects of Financial, Management and Commercial Accounting.
An excellent benefits package can be offered, coupled with a basic salary of up to £50,000 (DOE).