My client is a leading but still high growth £21m Turnover Ecommerce business with financial support and security of a major $10bn US Parent.
Due to focus on increasing UK Market Share, they now have a vacancy for a dynamic Qualified Accountant with PQE to join the business in a lead Finance Capacity (Finance Director / Head of Finance), to take ownership of the strategic direction of the UK business.
This is a truly unique opportunity with a business that is in its early stages and therefore candidate can expect fast growth but also have the ability to implement fresh ideas to succeed and disrupt the market place.
This position is reporting into the UK Managing Director and will work closely with the wider UK senior leadership team and group finance, based within the US.
The role is accountable for financial planning and analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, cost and general management accounting, tax and long range planning.
The business is at an important and exciting early stage where commercial and strategic insight from the successful incumbent can have a large impact to support the UK Business rapid growth.
• Create and manage effective internal finance controls and processes throughout UK business.
• Safeguard all UK assets and ensure that all financial records are maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Complete all monthly, quarterly and annual financial close activities, management reporting, analysis, audit support activities and tax returns in a timely and accurate manner.
• Establish and maintain credit policies, collections process and maintain appropriate controls over the accounts receivable process.
• Develop close working relationships with the corporate Tax, Treasury, Intercompany Accounting, Cost Accounting, Internal Audit, Financial Planning and Legal departments.
• Build and develop the financial function to support the changing needs of UK business currently a team of 8 – 1 Qualified, 1 P/Q and Transactional Finance
• Create and execute policies and procedures that safeguard against fraud and / or theft and comply with all the applicable financial and tax regulations.
• Work with the Managing Director and leadership team to build the Long Range Strategic Plan for UK Business, and ensure that the long-range plan meets the strategic and financial goals for the company.
• Lead the annual financial and business planning processes, ensuring alignment between tactical plans and strategic goals.
• Lead the forecasting process, identifying important emerging issues and concerns in the financial and non-financial operations of the business.
• Provide ongoing financial support for new product additions, capital investments and other projects.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with PQE, preferably working within a fast moving business is key, knowledge of US Gaap Ideal, but not essential.
Previous experience gained within a leadership capacity is essential as key to this role is both the mentorship and development of the operational finance team whilst also bringing improvements in process and systems via automation.
A strong commercial head, ability to think strategically, analyse issues and measure results is also key as is ability to articulate key concepts, influence others and build a consensus.
In return, a competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits and genuine scope to play a key role in the company’s expansion with the UK market can be offered.