Our client is a well established organisation operating within the world of sport.
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Head of Finance to join the business ideally situated in West Warwickshire close to the A45 and M42 and therefore easily commutable from across the West Midlands and specially so given the Hybrid Working Offering
Given the SME nature of the organisation it is essential you are comfortable with being hands on but equally able to converse with senior management.
This role also provides the opportunity to be actively involved in various ad hoc improvement projects where finance representation is required.
Management of the organisation’s financial and management accounting function, including the preparation of timely financial information, providing advice and guidance whilst maintaining and developing robust and fit-for-purpose financial systems and processes.
Management of Finance staff and allocated workload to ensure efficient and effective day-to-day financial operations.
• Maintain a sound documented system of accounting policies and procedures, supported by Sage 200.
• Oversee the management of membership and sales ledger debt levels through effective review and control.
• Treasury management and cashflow forecasting; management of the relationship with the organisation’s bankers and ensuring all accounts are maintained appropriately, mandates are up-to-date and that the internet banking process is adhered to in a diligent manner.
• Provide visible leadership and motivation to finance staff, including ensuring on-going performance management, and implementation of training / development opportunities in order to create a team working environment and maximise the contributions of all.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical competency areas, take a proactive approach to self-development and performance improvement and be the source of technical expertise in accounting matters.
• Maintain company HR records and liaise with external HR support when required.
• Provide routine support to tenants and be the point of contact for office repairs and maintenance.
Transactional Management and Reporting
• Oversee the operations of the Finance team, and manage and maintain Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable through the respective Ledger Managers.
• Nominal ledger management, including leading and coordinate month end and year end close routines.
• Issue of timely and complete financial statements, centrally and to regional sub-groups.
• Coordinate preparation of statutory accounting (including liaison with external auditors), tax returns and all other financial regulatory matters.
• Assist the Chief Executive in their support to the Management Team through the preparation of financial information, including the consolidated Management Accounts pack with commentary and supporting schedules.
• Assist the preparation of the annual budget and monthly reporting against this budget, ensuring budget holders have relevant and accurate information to make good decisions, reporting is timely and clear and adequate reviews are carried out.
The ideal candidate will be.
• Formally Qualified or working towards (AAT / ACA / ACCA / CIMA) however those that are QBE but with suitable experience will be considered.
• Practical experience of a broad range of finance responsibilities with a hands on approach
• Awareness and understanding of the membership sector in relation to financial procedures and the management of income and expenditure streams.
• Knowledge and experience of effective control environments.
• Demonstrated success in personally liaising with a range of senior stakeholders.
• An understanding of key performance indicators and financial drivers.
• Practical experience of the Sage accounting package.
• Strong IT skills, and in particular advanced spreadsheet capability.
• Experience of the production of monthly management information packs and statutory financial statements.
In return my client is able to offer a varied and challenging role within an exciting and growing organisation.
A high level of flexibility can be offered around hybrid working.
Excellent benefits and study support towards a professional qualification for those still studying along with a basic salary of up to £42,500
*** Those working within practice but seeking a great first step into industry will be considered for this role due to the level of support given by the CEO ***