My client is a leading PE backed business about to embark on a period of significant investment and growth.
Due to the above, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Head of Finance – Operations to join their newly formed West Midlands based SSC
This role is based to the South of Birmingham with east access to M5 / M42 / M6 but does also over hybrid working 3 days per week
Finance Operations, the transaction processing engine of the business, has the primary responsibility of leading streamlined operational business processes, creating a culture of continuous improvement and supporting the delivery of systems improvement. This is a pivotal role in ensuring efficient processes are in place to best support the future strategy and meet the needs of a rapidly scaling business.
1. Assume responsibility for the Purchase Ledger team and its processes including vendor management, PO processing, invoice processing, employee expense processing, cash payment and payment performance reporting
2. Assume responsibility for the Credit Control team and its processes including tenant billing, cash collection and matching, tenant Dunnings and collection performance reporting to senior stakeholders
3. Assume responsibility for the Cash Operations team and its processes including receipts matching and allocation, bank account management (inc. mandates), online bank portal administration, payment processing, bank and suspense account reconciliation, and direct debit and credit card processes
4. Assume responsibility, after implementation of new systems, for General Ledger and fixed asset and lease processing including rental income postings under IFRS16
5. Identify opportunities to re-design and automate back-office operational processes, driving a step change in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Function
1. Develop a high-performance, shared services ethos that is seen as the benchmark for the development of future activities within the function
2. Develop an effective culture that is sensitive to the jurisdictions in which the group operates and which is focussed on achieving targets appropriate for each team
3. As part of the effective delivery of our Performance Development framework, provide coaching and regular feedback to maximise performance delivery and development, encouraging collaboration and empowerment
4. Identify and develop potential talent and successors for key roles
5. Lead on the development of key finance employees, as well as combining a strong hands-on accounting / control background with an eye for the bigger picture; instil a greater commercial outlook and ”best in class” attitude
6. Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
Develop and ensure safe working practices
The ideal candidate profile
• A formal accounting qualification – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
• Education to bachelor’s degree level is desirable but not essential
• Lean Six Sigma qualifications are desirable but not essential
Experience and Knowledge
• Significant experience in the Finance industry with experience in a Finance leadership role, managing teams in a transaction processing environment
• A strategic operator who has led business transformation activities, and significant experience of working in growth environments
• Proactive functional leadership and development; experience in finance transformation: reorganising finance function, improving processes, systems, and talent, and building succession
• Strong leadership skills, with a track record of building and developing first-class teams
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written, with an ability to engage with staff at all levels of the organisation and exercise sound judgement
• Able to convey complex financial and accounting issues in a clear, focused, and concise way
Highest ethical standards. Ability to navigate a complex business with multiple stakeholders, whilst demonstrating integrity, fairness, and professionalism.
A basic salary of up to £95,000 Car Allowance and 30% Bonus plus exec benefits and great career developments await.