My client is a rapidly expanding PE backed business within the FMCG Industry ideally situated in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
Due to continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the appointment of a candidate looking to start a career as a Commercial Finance Analyst
The Commercial Finance Analyst will report into the Commercial Finance Business Partner, with responsibility to support the analysis of the trading performance of the business.
The role will be responsible for the analysis and insight of sales, gross margin, understanding the drivers of performance using KPIs and analytical tools on a weekly and monthly basis. The individual will understand the drivers of margin performance, particularly the analysis of volume and rate variances.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mind-set with advanced Excel level (pivots, advanced calculations and modelling skills) and be comfortable working with large data sets.
You will be confident to challenge where needed and comfortable presenting financial information to non-finance individuals.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for colleagues who share our passion for innovation, who can help us to shape the future and meet the constantly changing needs of our customers.
Reporting to: Commercial Finance Business Partner
• To support the Commercial Finance Business Partner, providing daily, weekly and monthly performance review and analysis to the business.
• Weekly / Monthly analysis of margin performance vs forecast, clearly articulating the volume & rate variances.
• Report and analyse spend for the trading teams on a monthly basis, understand trends and support the accounting team to deliver accurate month end accounts.
• Offer suggestions of how processes and reporting could be improved, and drive change where required.
• Other ad-hoc support to the trading team and other areas of the business as required.
• Ability to understand trading conditions and key business drivers
• Able to carry out detailed analysis to understand variance related to Price/Margin/Cost/Volume
• Strong organisational skills with the ability and willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and make it happen
• Must be pro-active, can use initiative, self-starter able to deal with quick turnarounds and tight deadlines, whilst maintaining quality of work.
• IT literate – MS office – Word, Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint, with strong data analysis skills.
A basic salary of up to £35,000 plus ongoing support and development and a study assistance program towards obtaining ACCA / CIMA can be offered.