My client is a well-respected and rapidly expanding business within the construction and manufacturing Industry ideally situated on the East & West Midlands boarders close to both M1 and M42 therefore making easily accessible from
Due to continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an In House Legal Counsel / Company Solicitor to join the business.
As the companies first in house legal hire the focus of this position is to support the legal and corporate activity within the Group and help take the company to the next level.
You can expect to take the lead in providing practical advice on a range of legal issues to support delivery of services and initiatives.
These will range from day-to-day contracts to some of the most strategic and business critical contracts. As such candidate must be comfortable with high value, complex work which is can sometimes be required with short turnaround times.
• Advising, drafting, reviewing and negotiating on a wide range of commercial matters in a both a B2B and B2C capacity
• Assist with corporate matters such as M&A transactions, group structuring and finance arrangements
• Manage any supplier or customer disputes including, where necessary, managing external lawyers
• Take a lead for data protection compliance, and working as part of a group-wide team to manage this
• Draft and negotiate key commercial contracts with customers, partners and suppliers within the UK and Europe
• Liaise with key stakeholders in the business (including our Commercial, Procurement Finance and Marketing teams)
• Take a lead role in negotiating a broad range of supplier contracts
• Manage contractual relationships and legal risk with suppliers and partners on an on-going basis
• Review and develop employee employment contracts
• Ad hoc legal tasks and projects as required as part of the companies continued expansion/
My client is a fast moving and ever changing organisation with exciting plans for both UK and international expansion.
They are agile, fast paced, creative, and hungry for success and expect all employees to demonstrate these attributes to support with the groups continued success.
The ideal candidate will be
– 2-4 years plus of PQE (this is a guide – your ability and skills are worth more to us than your years qualified)
– You will be a strong general commercial lawyer, with a strong understanding contract and data protection law
– Experience drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts
– Have a track record in taking ownership of cross-functional projects and clear communication, including being able to focus people behind a common goal, ”tell the story’ and make the complex simple
– Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with a proven ability to juggle and prioritise a large number of competing matters
– Strong relationship building and influencing skills
– A drive and hunger for personal growth and development.
My client is happy to recruit from industry or private practice for those wishing to make the move to an In House Legal Counsel / Company Solicitor position.
In return candidates will be joining the company at a very exciting time and offers the successful candidate a great opportunity to really make a mark on the business in this newly created position.
A competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits and ongoing career development can be offered.
It may be of interest that this client is open to considering candidates on either a full or part time basis whilst also embracing an agile and flexible working approach.
As such this position should hold interest to those seeking either a fast developing career or those wishing to take on a stimulating role that still offers a good work life balance.