My client is a well regarded business within the software industry, ideally situated in Leicester.
Due to continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Management Accountant will play a lead role in reporting the financial performance of the group across all product verticals and departments.
As an experienced operator at this level, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate proven success at manipulating vast quantities of data and produce insightful, value adding reporting.
The role will be pivotal in supporting the Head of Finance drive positive change in the department and wider company, with an eye for continuous improvement and system development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• End to end production of the month-end management accounts, including interrogation and providing review and commentary on areas of variance to plan.
• Responsible for full balance sheet reconciliations.
• Preparation of revenue recognition, along with analysis and investigation into revenue completeness.
• System management, ensuring effective and efficient movement and storage of data into and out of Finance systems.
• Providing assistance with cashflow management, forecasting and reporting.
• Support with UK and US audit requirements, along with associated reporting.
• Senior member of the Finance team providing training, coaching and support where required to the other members of the department and wider company.
• Helping Head of Finance drive continuous improvement of all Finance activities – utilising systems / reporting skills to make the processes more efficient.
Skills and Qualifications:
• A Qualified Accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA), with previous experience of operating in a similar role.
• Highly IT literate with the ability to disseminate large volumes of data via Excel.
• Previous ERP experience is essential, implementation / upgrade experience would be highly advantageous.
• You will require excellent time management and planning skills, having the flexibility to deal with multiple demands from a range of stakeholders.
• Competent to a high technical standard, experience in accounts consolidation and both group and entity level auditing would be an advantage.
In return, a basic salary of up to £40,000 and excellent benefits await.