My client is a well-regarded market leading business within the manufacturing sector, and about to embark on a period of significant business improvement.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for an experienced Management Accountant to join the team:
• To own the weekly profit and loss pack for issue to the business, being able to confidently discuss and to assist in month end reconciliations
• Producing the material usage variance reports, identifying key variances and attending usage variance meetings, working towards daily variances
• Own the product costing process from concept to launch and provide advice to business functions on potential decision-making, ensuring information is complete and accurate, ensuring gross margin moves forward with best use of Recipe Professor
• Support the Management Accountant to drive forward the management accounting support function within the business
• Producing management information for Commercial and Operations departments and playing a key part in providing a ‘no surprise’ environment
• Ownership and publishing of the weekly inflation tracker and issue to the business in a timely manner, including PPV forecast
• Maintenance of Aurora and AX financial information (BOM’s)
• General day to day accounting responsibilities / projects
A professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA) – will consider strong part-qualified.
• Proven manufacturing costing and management accounting experience
• Ability to manage, maintain and build effective business partner / stakeholder relationships within the business to drive better business decision making capabilities through accurate finance information
• Excellent analytical ability with expert working knowledge of Microsoft packages, along with ability to work with other complex finance systems
• Ability to communicate well with people at all levels within the business and present data and information that can be clearly understood